Vastu for Schools
Everybody accepts the importance of education in this 21st century. Well-planned study and training are essential to get success in this era of high technique and competition. One has to go to various educational institutes for good and higher education. Financial budgets of families are disturbed by the costly fees structure of these institutes sometimes. It is sad to note that most of these institutes do not
The students of an educational institute will get happy atmosphere if it is constructed and decorated as per Vaastu as given below. Their mental concentration will increase. This will produce positive results and their aim will be fulﬁlled. The fame of the institute will be increased and the students will progress. The atmosphere of the institute will be full of love and friendly feelings, which are required much today.
- The building of the school should be on a right-angled plot.
- An underground water source such as a tank, well or bore-well should be in east, north or northeast zone.
- Open space for playground should be in the east direction.
- The main entrance of the school should be in the east or north direction. It is as per Vaastu and auspicious too.
- The building of school can be constructed in the west or south direction. The building should be constructed in the west or south of the southwest zone if it is to be constructed in “L” shape. This will leave open space in the east and north directions.
- The staircase of the building can be constructed anywhere in the southwest zone. It should never be constructed in the northeast zone.
- Toilet and bathroom can be constructed in the west of the northwest zone. They should never be in the northeast zone.
- Overhead water tank should be in the northwest zone.
- No basement should be constructed in the school building.
- The length to width ratio of the classrooms should not be more than 1:2. all the rooms should be right-angled.
- Blackboard of the class should be in the west direction. A small dais can be constructed here for the teachers.
- There should not be any beam anywhere in the classroom. This will create tension in the students sitting beneath it.
- The entrance to the classroom should be in the north or east of the northeast zone. The door should always be of two panes and opening inside.
- The color of the classroom and its curtains should be light blue, light green or light brown. White color makes the students lazy. Rest of the school building can be colored in light cream or white. Dark colors bring violence in the behavior of the students.
- The position of the door of the class should be such that the students and teachers should not have their back towards
- There must be photographs of the great men in the classrooms to inspire the students.
- The laboratory and computer room should be in the west with doors opening in the east direction.
- Staff room and common room for the students should be in the northwest zone.
- Office of the school, where the fee is deposited and admissions are given, should be in the east of the school building.
- The room of the principal of the school should be in the west, south or southwest zone with a door opening in the east direction.
- The auditorium of the school should be in the north direction with a door in the east direction.