Vastu for Basement
Basement is a basic need in the house these days but according to Vastu it should not be constructed because any low room or space under the house is not considered to be auspicious. Even the if one wishes to have a basement in the house he needs to follow certain Vastu guidelines.
- Basement should be constructed in North or East direction because according to Vastu there should be more space in East and North than in West and South.
- Basement should not be used for living purposes but can be used as a store room.
- The space of the basement should be square or rectangle and heavy equipments in the basement should be placed in the South or West directions.
- 1/4 area of the basement should be above the ground.
- The height of the room should be 9 fts.
- Heavy items should not be placed to the North or East direction.
- Subtle and light colours should be used on the walls of basement.